Date(s) - 21/09/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Lidl Car park Tarifa
Tarifa Autumn Migration
Leader of the day: Frank Hair
Information about the meeting:
We will meet at the car park of Lidl on the outskirts of Tarifa at 09.00 am. From there we will go by car to one of the main migration observation points, spending a few hours to witness the spectacle of soaring bird migration. Depending on weather conditions we may visit other observation points to get the best of our day. For those requiring a lunch, we will use the Venta Apolo XI at Tahivilla, those bringing a packed lunch could visit the area behind the village and meet back at the venta at a prearranged time. During the afternoon we will visit Barbate Marshes and later La Janda.
- La Botica de Vejer
- Casa McCallion, Sierra del Cabrito – midway between Algeciras and Tarifa
- La Codorniz, Tarifa – on the main N340 just beyond Los Lances beach
- Alojamientos Rurales Huerta Grande, Algeciras – midway between Algeciras and Tarifa
- Casa Alcornocales, Alcalá de los Gazules (sleeps 8) – midway between Cadiz and Algeciras
- Hotel La Torre, Tarifa – on N340 a couple of Kms beyond the petrol station
Clothing and food:
Long trousers, cap, warm fleece or similar.
Water and sun cream (the later is hopeful).
Egyptian Vulture, Griffon Vulture, Short-toed Eagle, Booted Eagle, Black Kite, Spanish Imperial Eagle, waders and passerines etc. Too many birds to list!
We will be looking for a member to write a trip report for this meeting.
Details also on our Facebook Page.
Hope you can make the meeting and enjoy the day.
Bookings are closed for this event.