Officially registered and established in 2008, the Andalucía Bird Society provides resident and visiting bird watchers with support and information that is unrivalled for the region and is the largest dedicated regional bird society in southern Spain. The Society is primarily membership focused and this is reflected by benefits for members that include monthly field meetings, led by professional bird guides, bi-monthly newsletters and our own regional bird checklist, plus of course our flagship quarterly magazine ‘Birds of Andalucía’. We are continually looking for ways to offer further benefits to members.
The Society is also the largest regional society supporting various and essential conservation projects, so membership not only has benefits for those choosing to join us, but your joining us also helps support sustainable conservation and preservation for birds in the region.
Our objectives are:
• To record and study wild birds in Andalucía
• To assist in the preservation of wild birds in Spain
• To encourage by use of meetings, outings, books and other ways:
• The study of birds in the field and ornithological science in general.
• The education of the general public and its members in ornithological science and the need for the protection of wild birds and their habitats.
• To attract and help people to discover the birds and other natural wonders of Andalucía
• To fund conservation and preservation projects in the region
• To give nature a powerful and independent voice in the region
Andalucía Bird Society