ABS for birdwatchers
The Andalucía Bird Society is the largest regional bird society in Andalucía.
The Society provides bird watchers with all support and information one might need.
Benefits of being a member include:
- Free access to our monthly field meetings which are led by professional bird guides.
- We inform you about actual local news on birds and nature
- Every quarter you receive our magazine “Birds of Andalucía”
- We can provide you with a regional bird checklist
Why not join us?
Ringing of Greater Flamingo after a two-year Covid hiatus at Fuente de Piedra
On Saturday, July 30th, 600 young chicks of the more than 3.700 young birds have been ringed.
The more than 400 participants have started the capture at 05.00 and carried out with utmost care and in the shortest time possible so as not to harm the chickens.
This video we received from our ABS-member Birgit Fastrup and we hope you will enjoy it.
If you have an interesting video yourself about the life of our birds we will be happy to show it.
ABS for birds and conservation
The Society is run entirely by volunteers. All of the Society’s expenses are for such things as our website, magazine and legal obligations.
We need your help and support!
Stop the cruelty of illegal trapping, hunting and poisoning here in Andalucia. We need your help and support.
Because despite the good news that some of our birds are becoming more widespread and common, many more are declining, are threatened or are becoming extinct as local and national breeding species.
It is only by working together that we can succeed in our ultimate objective of securing healthy and sustainable populations of birds and their habitats.
Please help by donating.
- Bird of the Month – Western Orphean Warbler July 31, 2022
- Serranía de Ronda – A wilderness and wildlife enclave of international importance. July 30, 2022
- The Rise of the Glossy Ibis June 25, 2022