'Please support ABS'
The Committee of the Andalucia Bird Society,
notifies you of the Annual General Meeting to be held on:
Saturday 14th July 2012
11.30 for 12.00 pm
The Tamisa Golf Hotel, Mijas Costa
of the Andalucia Bird Society
will start promptly at 12.00 pm.
Please confirm your attendance to the Secretary by 7th July
Andalucia Bird Society AGM
Saturday, July 14th 2012, Tamisa Golf Hotel, Mijas Costa
1. Minutes of Last Meeting
2. Matters Arising
3. Ex Chairman�s Report
4. Election of Officers
5. Any Other Business
Following the AGM there will be a presentation of the Society's new magazine.
Lunch is also available for those who wish to partake. The cost of lunch varies between about �6.00 and �12.00 depending on selection and can be ordered at the bar. Members are responsible for their own bar bills.
Also available, after the AGM, is a Bird Watching Trip to Guadalhorce, led by Bob Wright.
Information for the Election of Officers
President Alfredo Carrasco Standing for re-election
Chairman Vacant David Hird proposed
Treasurer Vacant No-one proposed
Secretary Ellie Wallbank Standing for re-election
Membership Officer Bob Wright Standing for re-election
Field Trip Officer Frank Hair Standing for re-election
Press & Publicity Officer Fee Brookes Standing for re-election
Project & Survey Officer Suspended for the time being
Conservation Officer Suspended for the time being
1. Peter Jones has resigned from the role of Chairman.
2. Pieter Verheij has resigned from the role of Treasurer.
3. Jesus Cantreras has resigned from the role of Conservation Officer.
4. David Hird has resigned from the role of Project & Survey Officer.
5. The role of Press & Publicity Officer also includes that of Magazine Editor.
6. The Committee has decided to suspend the Project & Survey Officer and the Conservation Officer roles until the Society has more members as both roles need active membership involvement for them to be successful. This situation will be revisited by the Committee prior to the next AGM. In the mean time any project, survey or conservation issues that arise will be dealt with by the whole Committee.
7. David Hird, who was the Project & Survey Officer, has been proposed and seconded for the role of Chairman.
8. The fact that someone is standing for re-election for a role or someone has already been proposed and seconded for a role does not prevent any member from standing for any Committee Role. To do so a member needs to find two other members to support their nomination (a proposer and a seconder). The nomination can then be presented to the AGM and voted on by the attending members.